- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are an innovative and market leading software development company based in Chorley serving clients in the utility sector ranging from new entrants to large existing suppliers.
As a Software Test Analyst, you will be expected to analyse Utilisoft product and project documentation to identify testing requirements, prepare testing plans and scripts with advice from the Technical Consultants, Software Test Team Manager and Business Consultants. You will perform your testing duties in line with the company testing standards to ensure all Utilisoft products are of acceptable quality to the end customer. You will review technical documents provided, this includes any documents that define the functionality of the software and/or the requirements of the product and customer.
Description of Responsibilities
- Analyse project and product documentation to ensure thorough understanding of the business and technical requirements.
- Analyse and understand new and existing software components and requirements.
- Identify and gather testing requirements from documented and undocumented sources.
- Create, implement and review test plans, scripts and test completion documentation.
- Generate and load test data.
- Analyse test results working with the development team to identify and resolve issues.
- Set-up and configure test environments in readiness for test activity and maintenance of the integrity of the environment during execution.
- Understand and perform activities for the completion of performance testing, operational acceptance testing, regression testing and the support of user acceptance testing.
- Continually develop relevant industry knowledge
Customer Support & Solutions
- Provide customer support for installed Utilisoft products by identifying, diagnosing and providing a resolution.
- Provide consultancy to customers as required.
- Provide application training to customers as required.
- Ensure that queries raised by customers are resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner; monitor and report on customer contractual compliance; ensure compliance with the contract change process.
- Produce accurate user release notes and user manuals.
- Understand the principles and objectives of user documentation.
- Assist in installations, when required.
- Understand the concepts of solution implementation; assist in the implementation of new and amended solutions.
- Report progress and participate in progress meetings.
- Understand the importance of configuration management and participate within a formal configuration management system.
- Understand the importance of change control and work within a formal change control system.
- Understand the importance of quality control, to comply with all relevant standards and procedures and participate in quality assurance and control activities.
- Contribute to the project planning process by providing estimates of effort and elapsed time for the assigned work; to advise of any deviations from the plan.
Skills & Attributes
- You must have a good understanding of full IT lifecycle, with knowledge of and an interest in Software Testing.
You must be able to demonstrate, ability to:
- Interpret specifications
- Initiate meetings and discussions and capture information when no specifications are readily available
- interact successfully with customers
You must be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of solution functionality
- Ability to explain the solution functionality to others
- Ability to relate Industry Knowledge to Product and Product Knowledge to Industry
- An understanding of the objectives and participate in performance, operation, acceptance and negative testing
- Skills in Individual defect management (e.g. ability, level of detail, relation to industry, relation to customer, resolution suggestions)
- Ability to provide User Documentation
- An understanding of Customer Support
- Ability to provide support to colleagues
You will have:
- Good problem solving techniques
- Good inter-personal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Excellent Interpersonal and team working capabilities
- Able to demonstrate self-motivation and initiative
- Able to project a professional image
- Articulate and diplomatic
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Able to focus on both detail and accuracy
You must possess:
- 12 months minimum Software Testing work experience in a software test environment
- ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
- Database management (e.g. SQL server Back Up and Restore, Oracle import & export, run updates via SQL Scripts)
- Installation of pre-requisite software (e.g. Java, Tomcat)
- Product Deployment & Configuration (e.g. understanding of set up)
- Database interrogation skills