- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Shift work
Utiligroup is a market leading provider of innovative technology and services to the utilities and energy industry. We are creating a more competitive utilities sector, improving our customer’s lives through better service and greater choice and guiding our clients through complex industry change. Our purpose is to make utilities smarter for everyone. We deploy our technology and talent to deliver innovation and automation through our SaaS and Business Process Management solutions from which we create actionable data analytics and insight. To date, Utiligroup has enabled a significant number of new entrant energy suppliers to enter the industry and we manage several million customers on behalf of suppliers and metering companies. Clients include a host of well-known energy providers, both UK and overseas-based.
The Utilisoft Application Support Analyst shall be responsible for deploying and supporting the range of Utilisoft products. The position shall require the Application Support Analyst to research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade software deployments, both internally and externally across the entire suite of Utilisoft products.
The Application Support Analyst will be involved in providing front line support to clients and deploying software client site.
Working Hours & Location
Shifts covering Monday to Saturday, 7am – 9:30pm. A minimum of 37.5 hours per week.
Given the ongoing situation with COVID, you will initially work remotely, with dedicated support being provided by a senior developer by way of Zoom, Slack, Phone, Screensharing etc. However, our ultimate goal will be to return to our Chorley based office in the coming months, which is where you will be based. However, there will still be an option of working remotely when this happens, but it will be subject to successfully completing the probation period, which is 6 months.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide front-line support to customers
- Troubleshoot and resolve software problems, internally and externally
- Provide application support and guidance, internally and externally.
- Completion of incident reports
- Participation in helpdesk review and analysis
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of software applications to internal test environments
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of software applications on customer environments
- Work with project teams to investigate complex issues, identify and implement solutions to new and re-occurring problems in the deployment of applications
- Work with other members of staff to ensure transfer of knowledge and understanding of problems, practices and processes.
- Develop documentation that aids successful implementation and operation of software applications for both new deployments.
- Develop documentation and mappings of upgrade procedures for general and specific scenarios
- Management of internal testing environments to ensure that these remain in line with customer sites and configuration
- Working with the Test Team Manager and IT Support Technician to manage the environment requirements of the test team.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the entire Utilisoft product suite to facilitate the deployment of applications on a customer’s environment, including variable parameters
- Analyse and evaluate existing or proposed software systems to determine feasibility, time required and process.
- Record and maintain system documentation and software inventories
- Follow procedures and seek assistance when guidelines are inadequate, deviations from the standard are proposed or when unanticipated problems arise.
Description of Responsibilities
- To understand the concepts of solutions implementation; assist in the implementation of new and amended solutions
- To report progress and participate in progress meetings
- To understand the importance of configuration management and participate within a formal configuration management system
- To understand the importance of change control and work within a formal change control system
- To understand the importance of quality control, to comply with all relevant standards and procedures and participate in quality assurance and control activities
- To contribute to the project planning process by providing estimates of effort and elapsed time for the assigned work; to advise of any deviations from the plan
- Performance of Test Analyst responsibilities as required
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incidents
Skills & Personal Attributes
You must have:
- Knowledge and experience of Software Deployment
- Knowledge and Experience of Customer Support
- Knowledge and Experience of Oracle & SQL databases
- Excellent Customer Service skills including Customer-Facing
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem solving, organisation and communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communications