- To be discussed
- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Utiligroup (An Energy Services Group Company) is a market-leading provider of innovative technology and services to the utilities and energy industry. We are creating a more competitive utilities sector, improving our customer’s lives through better service and greater choice and guiding our clients through complex industry change. Our purpose is to make utilities smarter for everyone. We deploy our technology and talent to deliver innovation and automation through our SaaS and Business Process Management solutions from which we create actionable data analytics and insight. To date, Utiligroup has enabled a significant number of new entrant energy suppliers to enter the industry and we manage several million customers on behalf of suppliers and metering companies. Clients include a host of well-known energy providers, both UK and overseas-based.
- To produce functional requirements documentation for use by developers and test analysts in the development and test of Utilisoft software products, this includes new requirements for existing products and requirements for brand new software solutions. Provide industry expertise and documentation to Utilisoft in their software development and provide interpretation of industry compliance requirements to Utilisoft.
- Provide expertise to colleagues and clients with a thorough practical understanding of Utilisoft and software solutions used in operational delivery.
- Provide a first line interface for colleagues and clients to interpret their requirements and represent these in solution development and formation.
- To analyse, organise, translate and simplify requirements.
- To manage and prioritise requirements against industry, customer and internal expectations and deadlines.
- To communicate requirements to wider business and stakeholders
- To work with developers and test analysts to problem solve and resolve issues with requirements, including but not limited to, conflicting functionality and timelines.
- Review of testing and technical documentation against requirements
- To create and maintain product guides and user documentation.
- To provide training to colleagues and clients on Utilisoft products
- To report progress and participate in progress meetings.
- To understand the importance of configuration management and participate within a formal configuration management system.
- To understand the importance of change control and work within a formal change control system.
- To understand the importance of quality control, to comply with all relevant standards and procedures and participate in quality assurance and control activities.
- To contribute to the project planning process by providing estimates of effort and elapsed time for the assigned work; to advise of any deviations from the plan.
Skills & Attributes
- Proven experience as a Consultant or Business Analyst, with relevant operational experience within the UK Energy or Utilities sector.
- Detailed knowledge of either;
- Smart Metering – ideally SMETS2, although SMETS1 experience will be considered or
- Traditional pre-payment
- Experience in producing detailed functional requirements documentation for changes to CRM/Billing systems and working with development and test teams throughout the software development life cycle.
- Understanding of the principles of Energy billing including standing charge, consumption-based billing, tariffs and estimation.
- Experience in change management.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to present information, including requirements in a clear and concise way.
Qualifications & Experience
You will have:
- Good problem solving techniques
- Good inter-personal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Excellent Interpersonal and team working capabilities
- Strong attention to detail
You will be:
- Able to demonstrate self-motivation and initiative
- Able to project a professional image
- Articulate and diplomatic
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Able to focus on both detail and accuracy
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incidents
- Performance of Test Analyst responsibilities as required
- Support UAT Testing & assist business users performing UAT