- To be discussed
- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Utiligroup (An Energy Services Group Company) is a market-leading provider of innovative technology and services to the utilities and energy industry. We are creating a more competitive utilities sector, improving our customer’s lives through better service and greater choice and guiding our clients through complex industry change. Our purpose is to make utilities smarter for everyone. We deploy our technology and talent to deliver innovation and automation through our SaaS and Business Process Management solutions from which we create actionable data analytics and insight. To date, Utiligroup has enabled a significant number of new entrant energy suppliers to enter the industry and we manage several million customers on behalf of suppliers and metering companies. Clients include a host of well-known energy providers, both UK and overseas-based.
Utiligroups in house dual fuel billing platform is built upon Microsoft Dynamics utilising C#, SQL Server, ASP.Net and various other technologies. As part of the Billing team you will be expected to develop and support the CRM Billing software to the internal Development Standards to ensure all products are of acceptable quality to the end customer. You will work within a strong team with vast experience of the solutions and who are looking forward to the arrival of new skills.
Due to rapid growth and exciting opportunities within the sector we are looking to expand our Microsoft C#/.NET Software Development team. You will be working on development projects throughout the software lifecycle, from requirements analysis, design and development to testing, release management and support.
Customer Support & Solutions:
- Provide consultancy to customers or developers as required.
- To respond to queries raised by suppliers; review products produced by suppliers.
- To assist in the definition of feasible, cost-effective solutions to meet the agreed functional and non-functional requirements.
- Intimate knowledge of technical frameworks.
- Up to date with latest technology.
- Ability to choose technologies on best technical fit against the business roadmap.
- To understand GUI standards and assist users in interpreting these as required; liaising with the users and undertaking GUI design and prototyping; to participate in quality reviews.
- To design parts of the physical system; define the system processes; map the processes onto the data model; describe the life cycle of the data entities; define and design user interfaces; contribute towards the production of the physical design specification; to participate in quality reviews.
- To assist in the identification of opportunities for component and technology re-use.
- To assist in the resolution of conflicts between functional requirements and technical or resource constraints.
- To appreciate the importance of design and software specifications; produce and amend software specifications; resolve queries arising from software specifications; to undertake and participate in quality reviews.
- To raise queries and resolve queries.
- To construct and document new and amended complex software in accordance with Utilisoft standards, to meet the requirements of the design/program specification; to undertake and participate in quality reviews.
- To understand the principles and objectives of user documentation; assist in the preparation of user documentation.
- To understand the principles and objectives of operational and systems management documentation; assist in the preparation of operational and systems management documentation.
- To contribute to the project planning process by providing estimates of effort and elapsed time for the assigned work; to advise of any deviations from the plan, and recommend corrective actions.
- To ensure all project issues and risks are properly reported; make recommendations for corrective actions.
- To understand the importance of quality control, to comply with all relevant standards and procedures and participate in quality assurance and control activities.
- To understand the importance of change control and work within a formal change control system.
- To understand the importance of configuration management and participate within the formal configuration management system.
- To report progress and participate in progress meetings.
- To understand the concepts of solutions implementation; understand data conversion; understand the transition, fall back and business change strategies; assist in the implementation of new and amended solutions.
Skills & Knowledge
You must have:
- Experience of software development, with one or more of the following technologies: C#, .Net, SQL Server, Microsoft CRM, ASP.Net, XML, XHTML & CSS
- Proven experience of software development projects and a commitment to utilising development methodologies is essential
- Ability to provide software process improvements is essential
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Working knowledge of the Energy Industry is desirable, but not essential
Qualifications & Experience
You must possess:
- A minimum 2:1 Degree in Computer/IT related discipline
You will have:
- Good problem solving techniques
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good understanding of full IT lifecycle, with detailed knowledge of at least one of the following; Analysis/Design, Software Engineering, Testing, Implementation
- Any experience of code generation
- Any experience of secure coding techniques
- Experience of working in the UK Energy or Utilities sector
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incidents
- GDPR Knowledge