- To be discussed
- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Industry Operations
Utiligroup is a market leading provider of innovative technology and services to the utilities and energy industry. We are creating a more competitive utilities sector, improving our customer’s lives through better service and greater choice and guiding our clients through complex industry change. Our purpose is to make utilities smarter for everyone. We deploy our technology and talent to deliver innovation and automation through our SaaS and Business Process Management solutions from which we create actionable data analytics and insight. To date, Utiligroup has enabled a significant number of new entrant energy suppliers to enter the industry and we manage several million customers on behalf of suppliers and metering companies. Clients include a host of well-known energy providers, both UK and overseas-based.
The Incident & Problem Manager is accountable for managing the major incident process for Urgent and High business impacting incidents, ensuring that customer communications, triage, 3rd party escalations and service resolution are all managed with urgency, care & professionalism. The Incident & Problem Manager is responsible for owning incident and problem resolution, working collaboratively across multiple departments to identify root cause; identify, record and resolve problems; and avoid incidents.
The Incident & Problem Manager is responsible for handling the internal incident management process and the external customer communications & 3rd party escalations for critical business impacting service incidents reported by customers or our Managed Service operation. The individual is also responsible for pressing the root cause analysis (RCA) research and report to completion within SLAs following a major incident and service restoration. This role is also responsible for ensuring proactive problem management is in place to enable Utiligroup to identify and remove the root cause of potential problems before they result in incidents.
The Incident and Problem Manager is a key member of the operational support team with a long term focus on avoiding serious incidents and constantly improving service operations, across all facets of service delivery from network to application.
Absolutely essential in this role is the ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with multiple departments. To ensure openness and honesty and to get to root cause without a blame culture.
The Incident & Problem Manager is expected to be on call during extended service hours. Prior working knowledge & experience of ITIL v3 is essential.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage major incidents from identification to service restoration and closure
- Drive the root cause analysis and produce the RCA documentation within SLA
- Regular. professional communication on major incidents to internal & external customers within contracted SLAs
- Communication of incidents to customers in a clear and meaningful way
- Co-ordination between multiple teams from IT infrastructure to application management and engineering for effective resolution
- Escalate within support organisation as required.
- Manage customer / support escalated incidents
- Co-ordinate required plan to ensure change
- Obtain necessary approvals from all stake holders
- Communication on any outage due to retrospective change
- Create an action plan for issue remediation during Incident troubleshooting
- Regularly review lower priority incidents across the service base to avoid any emerging higher priority issues and root cause fixes
- Work with alerting & monitoring teams to pro-actively avoid high priority incidents
- Identifying changes in the support processes and change the Incident Management process accordingly
- Run major incident ‘blameless post mortem’ sessions after service restoration to ensure avoidance of repeat incidents
- Lead post incident review meetings with customers
- Report on major incident service level compliance statistics to the Service Delivery & Account Managers.
- Track and manage Problem Records, providing reporting and updates to internal and external stakeholders
- Drive continuous service improvement and incident avoidances
- Response & Resolution times for Major Incidents within client contracted SLAs
- Production of Root Cause Analysis documentation within SLA
- Reduction of Major Incidents
- Resolution of Problem Records
- Avoidance of repeat incidents
Key Skills & Experience
- Strong background in Incident Management in an IT managed service environment
- Understanding of IT Infrastructure and Operating Systems
- Strong experience of delivering service quality within an ITIL framework
- Knowledge of ITIL, Infrastructure related technologies & understanding of business relevance of the technologies
- Exposure to managing multiple vendors
- Good experience in managing conference calls or incident resolution meetings
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Strong experience of IT service, operations and support
- Certified ITIL (Foundation) V3 beneficial
- ITIL v3 experience
- Excels under pressure
- Knowledge of Major Incident & Definition
- Good problem solving techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Excellent Interpersonal and team working capabilities
- Focused, pro-active, organised
- Passionate about customer care
- Performance of Test Analyst responsibilities as required
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incidents