- To be discussed
- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Utiligroup (An Energy Services Group Company) is a market-leading provider of innovative technology and services to the utilities and energy industry. We are creating a more competitive utilities sector, improving our customer’s lives through better service and greater choice and guiding our clients through complex industry change. Our purpose is to make utilities smarter for everyone. We deploy our technology and talent to deliver innovation and automation through our SaaS and Business Process Management solutions from which we create actionable data analytics and insight. To date, Utiligroup has enabled a significant number of new entrant energy suppliers to enter the industry and we manage several million customers on behalf of suppliers and metering companies. Clients include a host of well-known energy providers, both UK and overseas-based.
As a First Line Support Analyst within the Infrastructure Team, you are responsible for ensuring that Energy Services Groups internal stakeholders receive excellent customer service. You will be responsible for responding to and resolving support calls within appropriate timeframes and SLA’s. You will be supporting and maintaining the company’s infrastructure providing efficient desktop and server support to all business users. Diagnosing and resolving any IT-related issues quickly and efficiently, you will be a crucial part of our ongoing success.
You will report to the Head of Infrastructure who will give you opportunity to grow in your career and will welcome your initiatives to pro-actively improve the applications and infrastructure. Working in a busy and dynamic environment a willingness to ‘get stuck in’ and contribute outside of your specific area of responsibility as expected.
- Acting as the first point of contact for support calls
- Responsible for the triage of service desk calls received including correct prioritisation and allocation
- Providing assistance to resolve support issues or escalating the call within the relevant team
- Maintaining responsibility for the end-to-end lifecycle of a service desk call from initial receipt through to resolution and closure
- Updating databases to record technical faults and escalation route to enable monitoring for each call
- Providing basic training over the phone for stakeholders when needed
- Helping to build an extensive Knowledge base to allow internal stakeholders to self-serve
- You will proactively monitor technical platforms and infrastructure including servers, networks, applications and associated services to identify early warning signs before user stability is affected.
- You will provide day-to-day 1st support for both hardware and software including (desktop and server), but not limited to, Cisco, Microsoft and Unix, Google Android, Apple iOS, TCP/IP networking and router/firewall/wireless configuration, VoIP telephony, and general hardware support (e.g. PC, Printer, Laptop).
- Assist with set up and resource deployment, set up, maintenance and control of user accounts, e-mails and logins including network and third party systems, and will work in line with ISO 270001 data security principles.
- Administration of the Service Desk tool as required
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working in a service desk role.
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment is desirable but not essential
- Excellent inter-personal skills and team working capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A strong sense of pride and accountability
- Able to manage workload and prioritise effectively
- Self-motivated and willing to contribute outside direct areas of responsibility
- Able to work as part as a team or individually
- Tactful and diplomatic, able to influence people
- Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incidents