- To be discussed
- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Utiligroup is a market leading provider of innovative technology and services to the utilities and energy industry. We are creating a more competitive utilities sector, improving our customer’s lives through better service and greater choice and guiding our clients through complex industry change. Our purpose is to make utilities smarter for everyone. We deploy our technology and talent to deliver innovation and automation through our SaaS and Business Process Management solutions from which we create actionable data analytics and insight. To date, Utiligroup has enabled a significant number of new entrant energy suppliers to enter the industry and we manage several million customers on behalf of suppliers and metering companies. Clients include a host of well-known energy providers, both UK and overseas-based.
We are eager to hire a Lead Infrastructure Engineer who is keen to learn, is a goal-oriented self-starter and who will take ownership of the position. You will be joining a team who are responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, & maintenance of systems, hardware, software & related infrastructure. You will participate in technical R&D to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. You will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems & related procedures adhere to Information Security Management Systems (ISMS), enabling secure & reliable delivery of software solutions to our customers.
This role will provide support through the lifecycle of projects including the definition of needs, benefits, & technical strategy; R&D; technical analysis/design; support operations staff in executing, testing & rolling-out the solutions.
Knowledge of high uptime, 24×7 environments would be particularly beneficial.
Shifts Monday to Saturday between 07:30 and 21.30. A minimum of 37.5 hours per week.
There will be specific out of hours activities required (e.g. environment patching)
- Deploy and configure server infrastructure via configuration management tools and associated toolkits.
- Support the platform and provide incident troubleshooting, problem solving and resolution.
- Plan and execute IT infrastructure projects.
- Local infrastructure and IT support
- Maintain and monitor all network, security and computer systems to meet the organization’s current and future requirements
- Management of, maintenance and architecture of storage, virtualised environment, servers, network devices, and productivity tools
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
- Work within strict time frames and elevate incidents within defined timeframes
- Test all changes to networks, hardware, software, and hosted applications
- Cater to doing infrastructure coordination related to design and setup activities at different stages of a project
- Work with various vendors and service providers to ensure productive environment
- Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and reports
- Professionally represent the infrastructure team as a technical consultant on projects.
- Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds and modifications
- Interact and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors and contract consultants
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends
- Maintain good working relationships with all service providers and vendor to ensure that services received meet expected requirements of contra
- Experience deploying and configuring into a Cloud environment.
- Strong virtualization experience using VM Ware and HyperV
- Successful delivery of a range of IT projects.
- Experience at 1st/2nd/3rd line IT support
- Solid technical background in a hosted services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software and telecommunications
- Experience with incident ticketing systems, workstation management systems and desktop imaging. Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience using automated monitoring and centralised patching tools
- Experience with automation techniques, for instance scripting using PowerShell.
- Experience with firewalls, and network segregation.
- Good knowledge of security as it relates to cloud based infrastructure
- Ability to identify incident trends in order to elevate incidents in accordance with standard protocols
- Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Good attention to detail, testing and documentation
- Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with third party service providers and vendors
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Degree in Computer/IT related discipline
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSE) or MCP in relevant subject.
- CompTIA A+ certification
- Cisco CCNA / CCNP
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incident
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness