- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Static Shift (Saturday to Wednesday 7am to 3.30pm)
Utiligroup (An Energy Services Group Company) is a market-leading provider of innovative technology and services to the utilities and energy industry. We are creating a more competitive utilities sector, improving our customer’s lives through better service and greater choice and guiding our clients through complex industry change. Our purpose is to make utilities smarter for everyone. We deploy our technology and talent to deliver innovation and automation through our SaaS and Business Process Management solutions from which we create actionable data analytics and insight. To date, Utiligroup has enabled a significant number of new entrant energy suppliers to enter the industry and we manage several million customers on behalf of suppliers and metering companies. Clients include a host of well-known energy providers, both UK and overseas-based.
Utiligroup are looking for a talented Network Engineer, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar discipline, to join the Infrastructure team. We are looking for a Network Engineer to provide technical support and changes on the Utiligroup data network in LAN, WAN, Wireless and Security environments.
As a Network Engineer, you will contribute to the overall support and configuration of our infrastructure by using your technical knowledge to ensure maximum service availability and performance through proactive monitoring, reporting and planning throughout the group. You will play a role in the Networks team to maintain the network infrastructure for the business and its clients.
As Network Engineer, you will be expected to work within the Infrastructure team and assist in ensuring smooth operations of the Utiligroup systems and infrastructure. You will assist the lead network engineer with existing systems, new implementation projects and general support duties.
Like any business, we continually invest in a team of technological experts to support and develop or existing infrastructure. That is why across our business, the Utiligroup Infrastructure department constantly monitors and improves the systems on which we run to ensure that our business can run to its full potential.
- Experienced in Network / VPN Troubleshooting (IKEv1,IKEv2) Configuration and Implementation
- Implement and install a number of firewalls, routers and switches leading through to support and maintenance.
- Ensuring that the corporate networks are performing to expectations
- Assist with departmental investigations into the data network and associated 3rd party clients.
- Ensure that all network, security & telephony incidents are recorded, tracked, escalated and resolved in a controlled manner.
- Ensure that the Security suite (including IPS) is running as expected with correct rule sets and reporting upon any incidents
- Coordinating efforts of third parties in provision of support and development activity
- The role is an exciting mix of BAU and Project work where you will have a real impact on the future of the companies networking estate.
Qualifications & Experience
- Desirable Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in fast moving environment
- CISCO Network Engineer Cisco – CCNA / WAN / LAN / MPLS / EIGRP
- Degree in Computer/IT related discipline
You will have:
- Full, current driving licence
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good understanding of the full IT lifecycle, with detailed knowledge of at least one of the
- CCNA / JNCIA or equivalent level of knowledge
- Good Understanding of Load Balancing using F5 LTM
- Strong troubleshooting and network diagnostic skills
- Experience of layer 2 technologies
- Network management tools Experience
- Understanding of large scale network technologies e.g. DNA, ACI.
- Network and infrastructure security, including firewalls, routers and switches
- Knowledge of IPS and IDS will be an advantage ideally Firepower
- Knowledge of Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE).
You will be:
- Able to project a professional image
- Articulate and diplomatic
- Able to work effectively under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incidents