- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Norwell, MA/Remote
The Software Engineer develops information systems by studying operations, designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. The Software Engineer should have strong software and analytic skills and the ability to create innovative solutions with a willingness to express opinions and ideas. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop software using disciplined processes, adhering to industry standards and best practices, including agile development methods throughout the SDLC.
- Code, debug, and unit test systems per requirements and technical design.
- Code, update, debug, and optimize SQL.
- Analyze business use cases and functional requirements and work with product managers and business analysts to produce detailed designs and provide detailed estimates for new features, enhancements, or repairs to existing applications.
- Adhere to design, architecture, performance, and operability.
- Document software applications, configuration options, and expected results according to documentation standards.
- Support testing activities by quality assurance and service delivery teams.
- Team player who is delivery-oriented and takes responsibility for the team’s success.
- Enthusiastic, can-do attitude with the drive to continually learn and improve.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- 3-4 years software engineering experience with enterprise class or large scale applications in an agile process environment.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft .Net technology stack.
- Familiarity with HTML / CSS.
- Strong object-oriented design skills and knowledge of design patterns.
- Extensive experience with SQL and relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server).
- Skilled with Web-Service based technologies such as SOAP, REST, experience with microservices architecture pattern.
- Extensive knowledge of unit testing, experience with continuous integration and deployment methodologies, code instrumentation techniques, code quality metrics.
- GIT experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure is a strong plus.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment, have strong problem solving skills, and deliver high-quality software.
- Must be able collaborate in a team environment and also take initiative and make independent decisions.
- Demonstrate an ability to prioritize workloads and meet multiple project deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Occasional travel may be required.