- To be discussed
- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Utiligroup (An Energy Services Group Company) is a market-leading provider of innovative technology and services to the utilities and energy industry. We are creating a more competitive utilities sector, improving our customer’s lives through better service and greater choice and guiding our clients through complex industry change. Our purpose is to make utilities smarter for everyone. We deploy our technology and talent to deliver innovation and automation through our SaaS and Business Process Management solutions from which we create actionable data analytics and insight. To date, Utiligroup has enabled a significant number of new entrant energy suppliers to enter the industry and we manage several million customers on behalf of suppliers and metering companies. Clients include a host of well-known energy providers, both UK and overseas-based.
As a Software Test Analyst, you will be expected to analyse Utilisoft product and project documentation to identify testing requirements, prepare testing plans and scripts with advice from the Technical Consultants, Software Test Team Manager and Business Consultants. You will perform your testing duties in line with the company Test Policy to ensure all Utilisoft products are of acceptable quality to the end customer. You will review technical documents provided, this includes any documents that define the functionality of the software and/or the requirements of the product and customer.
- Analyse project and product documentation to ensure thorough understanding of the business and technical requirements.
- Analyse and understand new and existing software components and requirements.
- Identify and gather testing requirements from documented and undocumented sources.
- Create, implement and review test plans, scripts and test completion documentation.
- Generate and load test data.
- Execute tests based on the pre-defined actions and expected results.
- Analyse test results working with the development team to identify and resolve issues.
- Set-up and configure test environments in readiness for test activity and maintenance of the integrity of the environment during execution.
- Understand and perform activities for the completion of performance testing, operational acceptance testing, regression testing and the support of user acceptance testing.
- Continually develop relevant industry knowledge
Customer Support & Solutions:
- Provide customer support for installed Utilisoft products by identifying, diagnosing and providing a resolution.
- Provide consultancy to customers as required.
- Provide application training to customers as required.
- Ensure that queries raised by customers are resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Understand the concepts of solution implementation; assist in the implementation of new and amended solutions.
- Report progress and participate in progress meetings.
- Understand the importance of configuration management and participate within a formal configuration management system.
- Understand the importance of change control and work within a formal change control system.
- Understand the importance of quality control, to comply with all relevant standards and procedures and participate in quality assurance and control activities.
- Contribute to the project planning process by providing estimates of testing effort and elapsed time for the assigned work; to advise of any deviations from the plan.
Knowledge, skills & attributes
You must have a good understanding of full IT lifecycle, with solid knowledge of Software Testing in both Agile and Waterfall SDLCs.
You must be able to demonstrate, ability to:
- Interpret specifications
- Initiate meetings and discussions and capture information when no specifications are readily available
- interact successfully with customers
You must be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of solution functionality
- An ability to understand complex algorithms and being comfortable in evaluating the output, paying attention to accuracy
- Ability to explain the solution functionality to others
- Ability to relate Industry Knowledge to Product and Product Knowledge to Industry
- An understanding of the objectives and participate in performance, operation, acceptance and negative testing
- Skills in Individual defect management (e.g. ability, level of detail, relation to industry, relation to customer, resolution suggestions)
- Ability to provide User Documentation
- An understanding of Customer Support
- Ability to provide support to colleagues
- A strong desire to build on industry knowledge and willingness to attend internal training courses / workshops
Qualifications & Experience
You must possess:
- 12 months minimum Software Testing work experience in a software or support environment
- ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
Desirable experience includes an ability to demonstrate:
- Has knowledge of/or has worked in utilities industry, specifically Gas/Electricity
- Database management (e.g. SQL server Back Up and Restore, Oracle import & export, run updates via SQL Scripts)
- Skills in Test Automation
- Installation of pre-requisite software (e.g. Java, Tomcat)
- Product Deployment & Configuration (e.g. understanding of set up)
- Database interrogation skills
- Has knowledge of/or has worked with test tools (e.g. Squash TM, JIRA)
- Has an understanding of/or has worked with XML data files / Data Catalogues
You will have:
- Good problem solving techniques
- Good inter-personal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Excellent Interpersonal and team working capabilities
You will be:
- Able to demonstrate self-motivation and initiative
- Able to project a professional image
- Articulate and diplomatic
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Able to focus on both detail and accuracy
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incidents