Utilisoft (Utilisoft Limited (02931236), Utilihouse East Terrace, Euxton Lane, Chorley, Lancashire, PR7 6TE) is committed to your privacy. This privacy notice applies to any utilisoft website, account, application, product, service, or tool (collectively “Services”) where this privacy notice is referenced, regardless of how you access or use them, including through mobile devices.
Utilisoft may transfer data to other members of the utilisoft corporate family who have signed our Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs). We may amend this privacy notice at any time by posting the amended version on this site including the effective date of the amended version.
- Personal Information is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name.
- We may collect personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you: use our Services, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to an account, participate in any discussions, chats, or dispute resolution or when you otherwise correspond with us.
- We may collect additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
- The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use
- We may process information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding goods and/or services “enquiry data”. The enquiry data may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant goods and/or services to you.
- We may process information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters “notification data”. The notification data may be processed for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications and/or newsletters. The legal basis for this processing is consent OR the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
- We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.
- We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, or obtaining professional advice. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper protection of our business against risk.
- We may also process any of your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- We collect information about your interaction with our Services, your advertising preferences, and your communications with us. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our Services. This information could include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and unique device token.
- If you give us personal information about someone else, you must do so only with that person’s authorization. You should inform them how we collect, use, disclose, and retain their personal information according to our privacy notice.
How we might share your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties for the following purposes:
ESG corporate family members, who may use it to:
- Provide joint content and services
- Provide you personalized advertising
- Improve products, sites, applications, services, tools, and marketing communications.
- Members of our corporate family will use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have consented to receive such communications from them or if otherwise permitted by the law.
Third party providers of websites, applications, services and tools and ESG corporate family members:
- With whom we partner so that they can provide applications, services and tools. If we transfer personal information this will be solely on the basis of an agreement limiting use by the third party provider of such personal information to processing necessary to fulfil their contract with us and obligating the third party provider to take security measures with regard to such data. Third party providers are not permitted to sell, lease or in any other way transfer the personal information to third parties.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
Our cookies and similar technologies have different functions. They are either necessary for the functioning of our services, help us improve our performance, give you extra functionalities, or help us to serve you relevant and targeted ads. You are free to block, delete, or disable these technologies if your device permits so. You can manage your cookies and your cookie preferences in your browser or device settings. If you decline cookies or other similar technologies, you may not be able to take advantage of certain site features, services, applications, or tools including ads relevant to your interests, on our sites or on third party sites.
How do we protect data?
We take the security of your data seriously and are committed to taking all reasonable steps to protect the data we hold. We have a range of internal policies and security controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees who need such access in the proper performance of their duties. We also have procedures and measures in place to address and respond to any potential data breach. Our security measures are kept under review and updated and enhanced as appropriate.
- Make a data subject access request. You are entitled to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data. You are entitled to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing. Any requests for erasure will be considered in line with our retention policy and subject to, for example, whether the data may need to be retained in order to defend any legal claims, either actual or potential.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and your particular circumstances mean that you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another data controller.
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, where you object to us processing personal data but we have a compelling justification for continuing to process it, or you ask us to erase information which we are required by law to keep or have another compelling reason to retain it. As indicated above not all rights set out above apply to every type of data processing, and relevant exemptions are also included within the data protection laws that apply in the UK. We will inform you of any relevant exemptions that apply and which we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact:
You also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner. You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113 or online at www.ico.org.uk/concerns