- To be discussed
- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are an innovative and market leading software development company based in Chorley serving clients in the Utilities sector ranging from new entrants to large existing suppliers.
The Atlassian JIRA Administrator will administer and lead on our project tooling, specifically Atlassian JIRA and Atlassian Confluence, and set up custom features, projects, reports, use cases, workflows, dashboards and the overall presentation layer of the Atlassian tools. This role falls within our Engineering team and will work closely with Business Analysis, Development, QA, Functional and Product Management teams to help define solutions to drive the execution of our increasingly Agile software development lifecycle.
The position includes a focus on detailed configuration for the tool including plug-ins available as well as design and development, testing, and deployment. We are looking for candidates with a broad set of technology skills to be able to configure solutions to meet Engineering standards for interoperability. The responsibilities will also include developing documentation, user guides along with the ability to provide training and recommendations to the Engineering teams.
- Support JIRA and Confluence administration, including creation and management of custom, complex projects, workflows, security schemes, custom fields, dashboards and reports configurations.
- Lead minor and major JIRA/Confluence upgrades (including communications), schedule and coordinate maintenance, and lead performance tuning/scaling in conjunction with our JIRA hosting partner.
- Install, manage and administer Jira add-ons, plugins, and extensions.
- Monitor systems to ensure tools are stable and available and that user issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Meet with stakeholders to identify and implement JIRA and Confluence requirements.
- Perform requirements gathering, business process workflows, and process improvement for JIRA and Confluence workflows, identifying where functionality can/cannot meet user requests.
- Conduct training for employees and new hires on JIRA and Confluence.
- Develop and compile training materials based on the department’s needs.
- Create, maintain and support dashboards and advanced filters for end users reporting capabilities.
- Establish and execute data stewardship and best practices.
- Provide User Management and grant user permissions in accordance with role given by the company.
- Resolve issues as they arise with JIRA and Confluence in coordination with JIRA hosting partner team.
- Discover and lead tool process improvements working with teams to support the Engineering function.
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum 2:1 Degree in Computer/IT/Engineering related discipline.
- A minimum of 5+ years experience within an industrial setting.
- A minimum of 3+ years of strong Atlassian usage experience.
- Proven track record of administering JIRA and Confluence.
- Atlassian certification(s) highly desirable, but not essential.
- Working in an Agile (Scrum) software development environment is desirable, but no essential.
You will have:
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good communications and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work well within a team and train Engineering staff on Atlassian tools.
- Be a self-starter and show initiative with the ability to lead changes to process and tools.
- Experience with defining and creating usable and customer friendly, intuitive interfaces with the Atlassian suite in a fast-paced evolving environment.
- Ability to articulate the design and implementation details in a way that is clearly understandable across a wide range of personnel with differing backgrounds and levels.
- Good understanding of the end-to-end software development lifecycle
- Expert level tool administration knowledge on JIRA, and proficiency in Atlassian tool suite.
- Experience with hosted environments and remotely co-located systems.
- Strong proficiency in the creation of Projects, Components, Reporting, Report Filters, Workflow, Schemes and Dashboard creation in JIRA.
- Excellent problem solving and process implementation skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting.
- Demonstrated ability to knowledge transfer and train JIRA and Confluence tools.
- A passion for process and tool improvements.
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incidents