- To be discussed
- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Utiligroup (An Energy Services Group Company) is a market-leading provider of innovative technology and services to the utilities and energy industry. We are creating a more competitive utilities sector, improving our customer’s lives through better service and greater choice and guiding our clients through complex industry change. Our purpose is to make utilities smarter for everyone. We deploy our technology and talent to deliver innovation and automation through our SaaS and Business Process Management solutions from which we create actionable data analytics and insight. To date, Utiligroup has enabled a significant number of new entrant energy suppliers to enter the industry and we manage several million customers on behalf of suppliers and metering companies. Clients include a host of well-known energy providers, both UK and overseas-based.
Delivery of projects: You will have the ability to manage multiple projects using specific Utiligroup tools and techniques based on best practice. You will ensure the agreed scope of work is delivered on behalf of Utiligroup and / or their clients and this will be undertaken to the high standards set by Utiligroup. To achieve a successful outcome, the project manager will follow industry accreditation and security processes and will ensure communication is at a premium throughout the lifecycle of the project.
Account Support during delivery: The Project Manager will be expected to support colleagues (Sales / Account managers, service delivery managers and other senior members of the Utiligroup teams) on the delivery of work for clients. This may involve some client management/liaison.
- To set and then manage against clear project objectives delivering to within project cost, schedule, scope and quality criteria.
- To manage project financials, including any estimation, accurate actuals tracking, forecast to complete and outturn cost analysis and where appropriate margin tracking.
- To direct, motivate, plan and monitor the project teams’ work and take responsibility for the delivery of the project;
- To act as the primary point of contact for those projects under your control and manage/mentor directly or indirectly all members of the project team, leading by example and getting involved in all aspects of the project from requirements capture through to user documentation and transition to Operational service.
- To work with the client or internal stakeholders and monitor the commercial agreements to track any changes, using the agreed change control procedures, raised by the client to the scope and service being delivered as part of the project.
- To contribute to the project planning process by preparing and maintaining a realistic plan for the allocated project by defining a work breakdown structure, identifying deliverables and milestones, risks, estimating resource requirements, creating a network diagram and carrying out critical path analysis;
- To communicate progress through appropriate means such as project reports, meetings with customer representatives and Utiligroup management;
- To proactively monitor overall program and project progress, resolving risks and issues and initiating corrective action plans as appropriate.
- To take responsibility for overall progress and usage of resources, apply project control mechanisms appropriately to monitor and control the work and to take corrective action;
- To act as the central point of liaison, communications and coordination between technical teams and other stakeholders throughout the implementation process.
- To liaise with the client projects to support them through any given industry registration, accreditation or security processes;
- To ensure suitable support of a project during early life support phase ensuring the relevant level of support is provided;
- To successfully transition the client systems and services into the operational environment production system, services and support into business as usual service / industry operations within Utiligroup or the clients support teams.
- To build and maintain effective relationships with partners across Sales/Accounts, Operations, IT and Product.
- To successfully work closely with internal Utiligroup stakeholders to deliver internal projects or to support programme activities
Qualifications & Experience
You will have:
- Excellent planning and scoping techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Excellent Interpersonal and team working capabilities
- Experience in end to end delivery of medium to large software and solution deliveries
- Excellent change management principles
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good financial acumen
- Good problem solving techniques
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good understanding of different project management techniques such as waterfall and agile methodologies
You will be:
- Able to demonstrate self-motivation and initiative
- Able to demonstrate financial tracking and monitoring of a project
- Able to demonstrate the importance of quality control and compliance with all relevant project standards and procedures
- Able to project a professional image
- Able to demonstrate transition of projects into an operational or manage service environment
- Articulate and diplomatic
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Able to focus on both detail and accuracy
You may have:
- Experience of managing delivery projects across a subset of internal departments and customers would be an advantage
- Experience of commercial management, contract change control and statement of works
- Prince 2 Practitioner Certificate (Advantage not necessity) or experience in Agile or Experience/working towards APM/PMP
- Knowledge of the transition of solutions into operational support
- Utilities industry knowledge and experience would be a benefit but not essential
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Experience of managing a project delivery across a subset of departments, customers and suppliers
- Prince 2 Qualification
- Knowledge of the IT Lifecycle
- Utilities industry knowledge and experience would be of benefit
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incidents