- To be discussed
- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Utiligroup (An Energy Services Group Company) is a market-leading provider of innovative technology and services to the utilities and energy industry. We are creating a more competitive utilities sector, improving our customer’s lives through better service and greater choice and guiding our clients through complex industry change. Our purpose is to make utilities smarter for everyone. We deploy our technology and talent to deliver innovation and automation through our SaaS and Business Process Management solutions from which we create actionable data analytics and insight. To date, Utiligroup has enabled a significant number of new entrant energy suppliers to enter the industry and we manage several million customers on behalf of suppliers and metering companies. Clients include a host of well-known energy providers, both UK and overseas-based.
We are eager to hire a Technical infrastructure KT Lead who is keen to learn, is a goal-oriented self-starter and who will take ownership of the position. You will be joining a team who are responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, & maintenance of systems, hardware, software & related infrastructure. This is a cross-functional technical role where you’ll be responsible for delivering infrastructure/application support along with the development and delivery of related knowledge transfer. As such you will be given the goals of ensuring staff are effectively cross trained whilst also providing first class support to solve problems and promote best practice in an effective manner.
- Deploy and configure server and application infrastructure via configuration management tools and associated toolkits.
- Local infrastructure and IT support
- Maintain and monitor all network, security and computer systems to meet the organization’s current and future requirements
- Management of, maintenance and architecture of storage, virtualised environment, servers, network devices, and productivity tools
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
- Support the platform and provide incident troubleshooting, problem solving and resolution.
- Work within strict time frames and elevate incidents within defined timeframes
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends
- Maintain good working relationships with all service providers and vendor to ensure that services received meet expected requirements of contract
- Develop documentation that supports knowledge transfer and aids successful implementation and operation of team processes and procedures.
- Knowledge transfer management between internal and cross functional teams, including:
- Work with other members of staff to identify areas of knowledge transfer and inform understanding of problems, practices and processes.
- Preparation of employee knowledge transfer plans, together with monitoring to ensure effectiveness (KPIs & metrics of success).
- Development & delivery of effective knowledge transfer and functional training programs.
- Prepare periodic reports on the progress and provide feedback to your manager and other teams heads.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Computer/IT related discipline
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSE) or MCP in relevant subject.
- CompTIA A+ certification
- Circa 3-5 year’s + experience in a software support role (preferably at least 2 years supporting bespoke Windows and SQL Server backed systems).
- Experience in defining, designing, delivering, and monitoring knowledge transfer between and within teams.
- A good understanding of Microsoft SQL.
- Experience using VM Ware and HyperV
- Strong technical background in a hosted services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software and telecommunications
- Experience using automated monitoring and centralised patching tools
- Experience with scripting using PowerShell.
- Any exposure to C#, VB.net, the .Net platform and Visual Studio an advantage (though this not a coding role)
- Any XML, Soap, or JSON knowledge to help understand how the software consumes client web services and develop data interchange, also of interest.
- Ability to identify incident trends in order to elevate incidents in accordance with standard protocols
- Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Good attention to detail, testing and documentation
- Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with third party service providers and vendors
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incidents